Oral medications are often the first line of treatment for erectile dysfunction. For most men who have symptoms of erectile dysfunction, these medications are the best option.
Sildenafil (Cenforce, Malegra), Vardenafil (Vilitra), and Tadalafil (Tadarise) are oral medications that reverse erectile dysfunction by enhancing the effects of nitric oxide and inhibit enzymes that relaxes muscles in the penis. This increases blood flow and allows you to get an erection that lasts for longer.
How do Oral Medications Differ?
Although they all work in similar ways, each oral medication has a slightly different chemical composition. These minor differences affect the way each medication works, such as how quickly it takes effect and how long does it lasts, method of intake, and the potential side effects. Your doctor will consider these factors as well as other conditions you have and possible interactions with other medications you take.
- Sildenafil (Malegra): This medication is most effective when taken on an empty stomach 30 minutes before sexual activity. It’s effective for four to five hours or more if you have mild to moderate erectile dysfunction.
- Vardenafil (Vilitra): This medication also is most effective when taken one hour before sexual intercourse. Vilitra 20mg is effective for four to five hours or more if you have mild symptoms of erectile dysfunction.
- Tadalafil (Tadarise). This drug can be taken with or without food about one hour before sex. It is effective for up to 36 hours therefore, can be taken in small doses or a larger dose as needed.
To more about these medications, such as cost, ease of use, how long the drug’s effects last, and side effects, it is best to discuss with your doctor. Do not buy from unauthorized stores, as there are generic versions of Sildenafil, Vardenafil, and Tadalafil available in certified medical stores and online platforms
When not to take ED medications?
Before taking any ED medications, get your doctor’s approval. Some ED medications might not work or might be dangerous if you:
- Take nitrate drugs
- Have very low blood pressure
- uncontrolled high blood pressure
- Have severe liver disease
- Have kidney disease
Most men who take oral erectile dysfunction medications suffer none to mile side effects. When side effects do occur, they can include:
- Visual changes
- Stuffy or runny nose
- Back pain